Required Training for Team Managers
Team Managers are required to do the following:
1. Team Manager Orientation. Two orientations have been held. If you were unable to attend either, please review the information under https://ayso13.org/manager/ and let the Team Manager Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have any questions.
2. Background Check. The background check is carried out by a third party organization, and can take some time, so it’s best to get this started as soon as possible.
- Go to https://ayso13.org/profile and log in using the same credentials you used to register for AYSO.
- Next to your name, click on the button that says “Begin Background Check”.
- If you do not see this button, then click on “Review Volunteer Preferences” and choose “Team Manager”. This preference will need to be approved manually by a member of the AYSO Region 13 Board. After approval, the “Begin Background Check” button should be accessible to you. You can email the Team Manager Coordinator (email@example.com) to nudge the approval, or simply wait a day and look for the “Begin Background Check” button.
3. 20 minute online Safe Haven classes.
- Go to eTrainU and log in using the same credentials you used to register for AYSO.
- Click on the green “Log into AYSOU (powered by eTrainU)” button
- In the menu on the left, choose “Training Library”
- Choose Safe Haven –> View Courses
- Choose “AYSO’s Safe Haven 2022 (No Audio)” –> Enroll
AYSO strongly recommends concussion and SCA training for “all coaches, referees, executive members, Advisory Commission members, Section/Area/Region board and staff members.” California law requires the training for any “coach, administrator, and referee, umpire, or other game official of the youth sports organization”. Team Managers are frequently the first to observe signs or symptoms of a head injury, or may be asked to keep an eye on a player who is sitting out of the game or practice. As such, it is strongly recommended for team managers to take the training. It is also helpful as a parent to know what to do, so Region 13 encourages everyone to take the training. Find it at eTrainU.