Update: The fun starts on Sunday Jan 20 at 3:30 at the Muir North Practice Field!
Winter Stars is an informal soccer program for players who enjoyed the fall season so much that they want to keep playing soccer through the winter with their friends. Winter Stars meets once a week at the Muir North field from 3:30 until sunset. Volunteer coaches divide the players into balanced teams so that players can explore the game in scrimmage play and learn from each other.
It’s once a week for all soccer players in your family to enjoy at the same time. There are no other practices and no permanent teams.
2 steps to play in Winter Stars
- Register for Winter Stars: [Check back here in November]
- If you didn’t play with Region 13 in the fall, go to https://ayso.bluesombrero.com/region13 and sign your player up for an AYSO National Membership. When visiting the registration page for the first time, you should first create an account, and then look for the “Register Now” button on your account page. You’ll know you’re finished when your credit card is charged $17.50.
Please note that an AYSO Annual Player Membership is required for each soccer player who wishes to participate in any AYSO soccer program. (If you played in our Fall 2018 season, then you already purchased your annual membership.)
In Winter Stars, to create balanced teams, we will have girls and boys playing together, based on ability. We want to empower your player to make this decision on her own. In the younger division (mostly 6U/7U/8U players), the 4-on-4 games will be played on a 25-yard field with a size 3 ball. In the older division (mostly 10U/12U players), we will add goalkeepers and a slightly larger field. Players may play up or play down, and the coaches will endeavor to let friends play together. As a parent, you can just enjoy the view from the sidelines. There are no referees and minimal coach intervention, and the kids play just for fun.
As always, AYSO works because you volunteer to make it happen! Winter Stars needs parents to set up and clean up, and volunteer coaches and referees to keep the games fun, fair, and safe.
Where: Winter Stars meets at the Muir North Practice Field on Sundays from 3:30-sunset (about 5pm), from Jan 20, 2019 through April 14, 2019. Yes, many of us would rather play soccer in the park than watch the Superbowl.
Who: All the players of ages 6 – 12 in your family! Winter Stars encourages families to join together to support kids of all skill levels playing soccer. If you are an AYSO coach or referee, you can play along!
Cost: $95 per player. If you didn’t play with AYSO this fall, another $17.50 for AYSO National Membership (see below). No additional charge for Grad Series or All Stars players — these winter programs are covered by a single payment in Region 13.
Equipment: Coaches will provide balls (easier to keep track that way). Shin guards are mandatory. Soccer cleats are optional and sneakers are fine. Other people use the field, and some kids will have cleats, so sandals or bare feet are not a good idea. Wear shorts without pockets that could snag a hand, and any color socks that fully cover the shinguards. As always, no earrings or jewelry!
Questions? email the coordinator, Shanti Rao at WS@ayso13.org
If you didn’t play with AYSO this fall, each player will need an AYSO National Membership.
STEP 1 – ONLINE REGISTRATION (“BLUE SOMBRERO”)
- Using your web browser, go to https://ayso.bluesombrero.com/region13
- Click the “Register Now” button, and follow instructions to create an online account.
- After creating your account, return to the registration page and click on the “My Account” button (top right).
- On the next page, click the red “Register Now!” button, and add your children as new participants.
- Follow the prompts to fill out registration forms for each child. Make sure to follow registration all the way to the end – including electronically signing the form and submitting it.
- Pay the balance due with a credit or debit card.