4U & 5U
General Information – 4U / 5U Programs
Parents, see the orientation briefing. There are 3-time slots on Saturday mornings. The season will start in mid-September and continue for 7-8 weeks. Players meet only once per week, for one hour, most likely on Saturday mornings.
The objective is to provide young players and their parents with a pressure-free introduction to the beautiful and simple game of soccer. At this age, players should be exposed to soccer by playing simple, fun activities and games that require little or no practice and a minimal time commitment.
The focus is on improving fundamental motor skills in a fun, parent participatory atmosphere, utilizing age-appropriate activities and storybook adventures. Your player will hop, skip, jump, run, throw, balance, kick and play, building a foundation for sports success.
Note: Playground is NOT a mini-World Cup experience. Your child will not be playing actual soccer games. This program is heavy on motor skills development and not on competitive soccer. Come enjoy watching your little one have fun running and kicking a ball.
- No practices during the week
- When: Saturdays, usually 8am-9am and 9am-10am. There are typically two groups.
- Where: TBD (probably Victory Park)
- 4v4 games end every session
- There are 7-8 weekends of activities spread over 8 weekends in the Fall. The dates for Fall 2022 are TBD. The season will start in mid-September and continue for 7-8 weeks. Players meet only once per week, for one hour, most likely on Saturday mornings.
- Players are separated into groups, led by professional trainers.
- Parents do not need to apply to volunteer or be trained to coach or referee. All parents will have opportunities to be involved. You can coach the team yourself in a year or two, in 6U.
- Each player will receive a trophy at the end of the season.
Each player receives a uniform (jersey, shorts & socks), since it is part of the fun to get dressed up for “the game”. The uniforms are identical for all players. Each player should have their own ball (size 3), shin guards, and a water bottle. Shin guards are mandatory. Soccer cleats are not required.