Staffing the tent
Help keep our Admin Tent staffed during game days, in order to for our families to find things, get questions answered, or just stop by and have a donut. It’s the red tent near the playground at Victory Park, or on Rose Bowl days, near the blockhouse by the Brandi Chastain statue. Do your part and sign up for a turn.
Setting up the tent
At Victory Park, it’s stored with the goals in the storage crate near the East entrance to the Paloma parking lot. At Area H (Rose Bowl), it’s in the roll-up garage near the Brandi Chastain statue. Bring the tents, tables, and folding chairs.
Look for a gray document box with schedules, blank game cards, etc, and have that out, ready for Refs to drop game cards throughout the day.
Scan your receipts for 1 coffee traveler and 1 dozen donuts and submit them for reimbursement. Checks are written monthly.
Frequent Questions You’ll Be Asked
- Where’s my game? There’s a map and schedule in the binder. People will want to ask where the Blue Magic Fire Dolphins are playing, but it’s better if they can give you a coach name. Hint: at Victory Park, the 6U games are directly in front of the tent.
- Where do I put game cards? In the box, or the envelope that says “game cards.”
- What happens to the game cards? Bill Owen picks the box/envelope up at the end of the day.
- The envelope is gone! If you miss Bill’s pickup, take the cards to the clubhouse and drop them in the mail slot.
- Lost children? Meet at the tent.
- Lost parents? Ditto.
- I bought too many strawberries at the farmers’ market! The volunteers at the tent will be happy to help you dispose of those.