Find these classes in eTrainU, after you have submitted a volunteer application and background check.
You can take these courses anywhere in the country — but we recommend Region 13 because our training encompasses our region’s unique culture. To find a course, click the Region 13 schedule (usually posted in June). Questions? Ask your division administrator.
To see the ages in each division, refer to the Soccer Age Chart.
[in-person class schedule appears here in July]
Mandatory one-time online classes
Livescan (new in 2022) Not actually a class, but you still have to do it.
Safe Haven Coaches must take Safe Haven in person. Referees may take it in person or online.
Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- 4U & 5U the league hires professional coaches. Just show up and they’ll show you what to do
- 6U Coach
- 8U Coach for 7U and 8U
- 10U Coach
- 12U Coach
- Intermediate Coach for 14U (after a season coaching 12U)
- Advanced Coach for 16U & 19U (after a season as Intermediate)
Keep Girls In Sport is a recommended online class on best practices for building a cooperative and supportive team culture. We expect that coaches who implement these will outperform those who don’t. It works for boys and grownups, too, because it turns out that everyone has feelings!
- 4U & 5U do not use referees
- 8U Official for 6U, 7U, 8U
- Regional Referee or the Regional Referee Upgrade for 10U
- Intermediate Referee Class when you start 12U
- Intermediate Referee Observation before you start 14U
This year, Region 13 will hold 8U Official and Regional Referee courses in August and September.