Our Schoolyard Program is for children born in 2013 and is loved by everyone! The Schoolyard Program was developed with the assistance of child psychologists and US Soccer. The objective of the program is to provide young players and their parents with a “pressure free” introduction to the beautiful and simple game of soccer. At this age, players should be exposed to soccer by playing simple, fun activities and games that require little or no practice and a minimal time commitment.
- No practices during the week
- Time: 4pm-5pm
- Location: Victory Park 2575 Paloma St, Pasadena, CA 91107
- 4v4 games end every session
- Program starts on Sept. 16th and ends on Nov. 4th.
- No session on October 28th.
- Children aren’t assigned to a “team”.
- A Master Coach from UK International Soccer will lead the Schoolyard sessions
- Players are separated into groups who will need Parent Assistant Coaches. UK Coaches oversee the groups and Parent Assistant Coaches.
- Each player will receive a trophy at the end of the year.
Each U-5 player receives a uniform (jersey, shorts & socks), since it is part of the fun to get dressed up for “the game”. The uniforms are identical for all players. Each player should have their own ball (size 3), shin guards and a water bottle. Shin guards are mandatory. Soccer cleats are recommended but not required.