Our 5U Schoolyard Program is for small children and loved by everyone! It’s the second year of introductory soccer (following our 4U Playground program) and it’s designed for children who are approximately 4 years old during the Fall season. The Schoolyard Program was developed with the assistance of child psychologists and US Soccer. The objective of the program is to provide young players and their parents with a “pressure free” introduction to the beautiful and simple game of soccer. At this age, players should be exposed to soccer by playing simple, fun activities and games that require little or no practice and a minimal time commitment.
- No practices during the week
- Time: 3pm-4pm
- Location: TBD
- 4v4 games end every session
- There are 8 weekends of activities spread over 9 weekends in the Fall (with one “off” weekend in October). In 2018, the program starts on Saturday, September 8 and ends on Saturday, November 10.
- Children aren’t assigned to a “team” but instead focus on individual and limited group activities.
- A Master Coach from UK International Soccer will lead the Schoolyard sessions
- Players are separated into groups who will need Parent Assistant Coaches. UK Coaches oversee the groups and Parent Assistant Coaches.
- Each player will receive a trophy at the end of the year.
Each player receives a uniform (jersey, shorts & socks), since it is part of the fun to get dressed up for “the game”. The uniforms are identical for all players. Each player should have their own ball (size 3), shin guards and a water bottle. Shin guards are mandatory. Soccer cleats are not required.