Hello AYSO Soccer Families,
It’s time to sign up for the Fall 2018 soccer season!
To register and pay online, please visit the AYSO registration portal (called Blue Sombrero) by entering the following web address into your browser: https://ayso.bluesombrero.com/region13
- After creating an account and logging in, return once again to the main landing page (ayso.bluesombrero.com/region13).
- On the main landing page, look for the “My Account” button at the top-right, and follow it to your account page.
- If your children are already listed on your account, then click on the green “Programs Available” button (by their names, to the right) to begin their enrollment.
- If your children are NOT already in your account, then look for the red “Register Now” button near the top of the page, and add your children as new Participant(s).
- Follow the prompts to fill out registration forms for each child. Make sure to follow registration all the way to the end – including electronically signing the form and submitting it.
- To get through the forms faster, notice that most of the questions are optional. If you’re in a hurry, you can skip those.
- Pay the balance with a credit or debit card. If you cannot pay with credit or debit card, you can pay during in-person enrollment. (Please note that cash and check may require an additional processing fee.)
Register On-Line or In-Person?
This year, you have the choice to register online or in person.
To register online, simply complete the steps listed above (in Blue Sombrero) and use a credit card to complete your registration. To pay using a different method, you’ll want to complete your registration in person.
To register in person, you can visit Clubhouse during designated Registration Hours to register in person. (In a separate post, we will give instructions on how to visit during Registration Hours at the Clubhouse.)
Even if you are already registered, you are welcome to sign up for in-person Registration Hours. We welcome you to meet the people who make Region 13 work, ask questions about volunteering, and generally learn more about AYSO.
Season Calendar (Fall MY2018)
Starting from now, here’s how the Fall season will take shape:
Now through July 10: Priority registration period. People who register and volunteer before July 15 will be guaranteed placement on teams in the Fall.
July 16 – August 12: Our coaching staff (specifically, our Division Coach Administrators or DCAs) will confirm all players and volunteers.
August: Volunteers are trained, players get to meet their coaches, and the schedule is created.
September 4: Practices start this week
September 8: First games
October 20: Last day for 4U and 5U
November 17: Last game for most divisions
December 1, 2, 8: Playoffs for 10U and 12U divisions
December 9: 10U and 12U championship games
January 2019: Winter Season
Fall Season Fees
Through the end of May = $155/player
After June 3 = $170/player
After July 15, fees will increase to $225/player for the Fall season.
In addition to the above Season Fees — AYSO charges a nonrefundable Annual National Membership Fee of $17.50, which is added to the Season Fees at the time of purchase.
Anyone who registers and volunteers before July 15 will be guaranteed placement onto a team in the Fall. After July 15, new registrants be placed in a queue (without guarantee of placement onto a team) until additional teams can be formed. Volunteering for a child’s team will substantially increase the chances of getting placement onto a team.
If you think you might change your mind after registering, see the region’s refund policy. (Note that the maximum refund is 80% of all amounts paid.)
Financial aid is available for children whose families truly need the help. AYSO is for kids, and we don’t want anyone to be left out because the cost, so scholarships are available. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask.
As in most sports, AYSO forms teams based on players’ ages (birth year) and skill.
For more information on how divisions are established, please see the table on this page: https://ayso13.org/ayso-divisions-by-birth-year-my2018/
If you want your child to play in an older or younger division, please include your request and justification in the “Special requests or comments” section of the child’s player application. Also email email@example.com about it. Exceptions are not very common, but they are more likely to be accepted in younger divisions or when players are frail in comparison to peers in their natural age group. When exceptions are made, AYSO reserves the right to monitor the decision and potentially move children back to their natural age-based divisions at any time.
For advanced soccer programs such as EXTRA, All Stars, and in tournaments, players must be within the specified age range for their division. For any players who intend to participate in these programs, and for whom Region 13 has not yet already verified their ages, you’ll need to present a birth certificate or other identification when that time comes.
What are some of AYSO’s advanced soccer programs?
- EXTRA: You can try out to be on a travel team instead of playing in the regular season.
- All Stars: After the regular season, you can try out to play against other cities in SoCal.
- Play-Through Tournament: The season champions from Region 13’s Fall program play against neighboring cities.
- The Myles Standish Tournament and the Bill Owen Spring Classic are the tournaments that Region 13 hosts for teams from around SoCal. Players in 10U and older may try out to join one of the tournament teams. Myles and Bill would like you to know, by the way, that they’re still quite alive and well.
AYSO provides a jersey, shorts, and socks. You will also need the following equipment to play soccer:
- A ball (size 3 for 4U – 8U, size 4 for 10U – 12U, and size 5 for 14U and up)
- We require closed toe shoes (e.g., sneakers).
- Soccer cleats are optional; but coaches may recommend them for certain playing conditions.
How to Volunteer
After you’ve registered your players, please register yourself as a volunteer by visiting this page: https://ayso.bluesombrero.com/Default.aspx?tabid=917844.
AYSO works because dedicated parents like you who serve as coaches, referees, team managers, board members, and dozens of other jobs behind the scenes.
If you would like to support AYSO with a donation, gift or sponsorship, the Regional Commissioner, John Sweet, would love to hear from you directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about Registration, please email email@example.com
- For questions about Coaches and Teams, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about Referees, please email email@example.com
- For all other questions, feel welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in the Fall!
AYSO provides world class youth soccer programs that enrich children’s lives.
Everyone Plays • Balanced Teams • Open Registration • Positive Coaching • Good Sportsmanship • Player Development