SKILLS AND DRILLS – SOCIALLY DISTANCED SOCCER 2021
Region 13 is pleased to announce “Skills & Drills”, a socially distanced soccer program that began in Fall of 2020. We hope to be holding another session in Winter/Spring of 2021. Stay tuned . . .
The program offers:
- sessions once per week for 8 weeks
- sessions run one hour
- led by professional (Launch) trainers
- session days may vary, probably every Saturday (possibly weeknights)
- available to players born 2012 or before (10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, and 19U)
Safety is our priority, so trainings follow all LA County and Pasadena City protocols, and in some cases even go above and beyond, to ensure health precautions:
- parents drop kids off at check-in gate
- players checked for COVID symptoms
- players and trainers wear a mask the entire time and remain distant from one another
- activities will focus on individual player development – ball control, agility, speed, and passing
- no contact, no scrimmages, and no games.
- for full list of protocols, click here.
While remaining physically distant, players will be in groups of no more than 12, and each group of 12 will be assigned to one trainer. These groups remain together each week for the entirety of the 8-week program. These and all other protocols and requirements are outlined here – players and parents must read and agree to abide by these protocols before registering.
After you register, you will be notified your child’s group, field and time assignment soon thereafter.
The cost for the program is $130 per player. Everyone plays in Region 13, regardless of financial situation, so please do not let cost get in the way of your child playing soccer. E-mail email@example.com and just ask if you need a scholarship. There will be no refunds.
Space is limited. Click here to read the mandatory protocols for this program, and check back here soon for a link to register.
Please e-mail any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we look forward to seeing your child back on the field soon!
OTHER COVID-19 UPDATES
- Region 13’s Core Fall 2020, All-Star 2021, EXTRA 2020-2021, and Grad Series 2021 have been postponed. With LA County allowing only very limited youth sports activity, it is impossible for us to plan any competitive play involving teams or games (not even scrimmages).
- We hope to have a Skills and Drills program up and running sometime later this Winter or Spring.
- Information about the 2021-2022 EXTRA program will be announced in February.
- This information applies to all age groups at this time, including 4U through 19U.
- Aside from our Skills and Drills program, all other Region 13 activities remain on hold until further notice, including games, practices, tryouts, and meetings.
- Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you have questions.
VOLUNTEERS ALWAYS WELCOME
If you would like to help out once play resumes, click here to sign up as a volunteer. We will contact you later to submit the official volunteer application, but for now, just let us know you’re interested. When we do play, the number of kids we bring in from the wait lists will depend on the number of teams we can form, which in turn relies on the volunteers that sign up.
- Click here (coming soon) to register a player for Skills & Drills, Region 13’s newest program of socially distanced training sessions.
- Click here to sign up as a volunteer – help us make it happen once play resumes.
- Click here for general info on Region 13’s Core soccer program – usually played in Fall, but postponed until play resumes (Spring? Fall 2021?).
- Click here to get more info on all of Region 13’s soccer programs.
In the meantime, thank you for your continued support. Please stay safe, and wear a mask when you go out. We hope to see our kids back out the field as soon as it is safe to be out there.
OTHER THINGS TO DO DURING QUARANTINE
- Click here for home activities from AYSO National.
- Click here for lots of skills and training ideas.
- Five Star Skills founder and former Region 13 player Coach Garen Arabyan offers a live (via Zoom) training program, including ball-control exercises and body-weight fitness and agility drills. All you need is a soccer ball and a one-meter radius area! Click fivestarskills.com or call (818) 270-4653.
- Athlete Central has partnered with Live Athletics Physical to offer AYSO members one free Physical Therapy consultation. If you’re looking to address ailments or gain/regain strength, click www.liveathleticspt.com, call 626-460-3119, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read soccer books. For players, click here. For coaches, there’s Soccer IQ, the sequel, and Possession.
(last updated MON 01/11/21 @ 7am)