SKILLS AND DRILLS – A NEW FALL PROGRAM OF SOCIALLY DISTANCED SOCCER
Region 13 is pleased to announce “Skills & Drills”, a socially distanced soccer program for fall 2020.
Please note: Skills & Drills is now full. Please check back here later this Fall for updates on future opportunities to play.
Starting Sept. 26, the program offers:
- sessions once per week for 8 weeks
- sessions run one hour
- led by professional (Launch) trainers
- sessions every Saturday from 9/26 thru 11/14 (rain dates 11/21, 12/5, 12/12)
- available to players born 2012 or before (10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, and 19U)
Safety is our priority, so trainings follow all current LA County and Pasadena City protocols, and in some cases even go above and beyond, to ensure health precautions:
- parents drop kids off at check-in gate
- players checked for COVID symptoms
- players and trainers wear a mask the entire time and remain distant from one another
- activities will focus on individual player development – ball control, agility, speed, and passing
- no contact, no scrimmages, and no games.
- for full list of protocols, click here.
While remaining physically distant, players will be in groups of no more than 12, and each group of 12 will be assigned to one trainer. These groups remain together each week for the entirety of the 8-week program. These and all other protocols and requirements are outlined here – players and parents must read and agree to abide by these protocols before registering.
“Skills and Drills” sessions will begin Sept. 26 and run until Nov. 14, with 11/21, 12/5, and 12/12 as rain dates. Sessions will be one hour in length, held once per week, on Saturdays. After you register, you will be notified your child’s group, field and time assignment on Wed. 9/16.
The cost for the program is $130 per player. Everyone plays in Region 13, regardless of financial situation, so please do not let cost get in the way of your child playing soccer. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and just ask if you need a scholarship. There will be no refunds.
Please e-mail any questions to email@example.com, and we look forward to seeing your child back on the field soon!
OTHER COVID-19 UPDATES
FALL (CORE) 2020 POSTPONED
- Region 13’s Fall 2020 season is postponed. With LA County allowing only very limited youth sports activity, it is impossible for us to plan any competitive play involving teams or games (not even scrimmages).
- We might be allowed to play in 2021, with possible practices in Winter, and maybe games in the Spring. As we await word, the Region 13 board is preparing various return-to-play scenarios.
- There will be no further EXTRA tryouts and no new EXTRA teams formed for the 2020-2021 soccer year. Information about the 2021-2022 EXTRA program will be announced in February.
- This information applies to all age groups at this time, including 4U through 19U.
- Aside from our Skills and Drills program, all other Region 13 activities remain on hold until further notice, including games, practices, tryouts, and meetings.
- Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
VOLUNTEERS ALWAYS WELCOME
If you would like to help out once play resumes, click here to sign up as a volunteer. We will contact you later to submit the official volunteer application, but for now, just let us know you’re interested. When we do play, the number of kids we bring in from the wait lists will depend on the number of teams we can form, which in turn relies on the volunteers that sign up.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Click here to register a player for Skills & Drills, Region 13’s Fall program of socially distanced training sessions.
- Click here to sign up as a volunteer – help us make it happen once play resumes.
- Click here for general info on Region 13’s Core soccer program – usually played in Fall, but postponed this year until play resumes (Spring?).
- Click here to get more info on all of Region 13’s soccer programs.
In the meantime, thank you for your continued support. Please stay safe, and wear a mask when you go out. We hope to see our kids back out the field as soon as it is safe to be out there.
OTHER THINGS TO DO DURING QUARANTINE
- Five Star Skills founder and former Region 13 player Coach Garen Arabyan offers a live (via Zoom) training program, including ball-control exercises and body-weight fitness and agility drills. All you need is a soccer ball and a one-meter radius area! Click fivestarskills.com or call (818) 270-4653.
- Athlete Central has partnered with Live Athletics Physical to offer AYSO members one free Physical Therapy consultation. If you’re looking to address ailments or gain/regain strength, click www.liveathleticspt.com, call 626-460-3119, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here for home activities from AYSO National. Read soccer books. For players, click here. For coaches, there’s Soccer IQ, the sequel, and Possession.
(last updated WED 09/09/20 @ 7am)