Skills & Drills – Spring 2021
We are currently at capacity for Skills & Drills, the Spring 2021 socially distanced soccer program. For information on registering for Fall 2021, please go to ayso13.org and make sure you are signed up to receive e-mail alerts.
Skills & Drills – Spring 2021
The program offers:
- sessions once per week for 8 weeks
- sessions run one hour
- led by professional (Launch) trainers
- sessions every Saturday at La Canada HS JV field
- available to players born 2012 or before (10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, and 19U)
Safety is our priority, so trainings follow all LA County protocols, and in some cases even go above and beyond, to ensure health precautions:
- parents drop kids off at check-in gate
- players checked for COVID symptoms
- players/trainers wear masks the entire time and remain distant from each other
- activities focus on individual player development – control, agility, speed, passing
- no contact, no scrimmages, and no games (though we will consider scrimmages if LA County rules change to allow them)
- for full list of protocols, click here.
While remaining physically distant, players will be in groups of no more than 12, and each group of 12 will be assigned to one trainer. These groups remain together each week for the entirety of the 8-week program. These and all other protocols and requirements are outlined here – players and parents must read and agree to abide by these protocols before registering.
After you register, you will be notified your child’s group, field and time assignment on or around March 6.
The cost for the program is $130 per player. Everyone plays in Region 13, regardless of financial situation, so please do not let cost get in the way of your child playing soccer. E-mail email@example.com and just ask if you need a scholarship. There will be no refunds.
Space is limited, so act now. Click here to read the mandatory protocols for this program, and click here to register (no longer active).
Please e-mail any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we look forward to seeing your child back on the field soon!
OTHER COVID-19 UPDATES
- Aside from our Skills and Drills program, all other Region 13 activities remain on hold until further notice, including games, practices, tryouts, and meetings.
- Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you have questions.
VOLUNTEERS ALWAYS WELCOME
If you would like to help out once play resumes, click here to sign up as a volunteer. We will contact you later to submit the official volunteer application, but for now, just let us know you’re interested. When we do play, the number of kids we bring in from the wait lists will depend on the number of teams we can form, which in turn relies on the volunteers that sign up.
- Click here (no longer active) to register a player for Skills & Drills, Region 13’s newest program of socially distanced training sessions.
- Click here to sign up as a volunteer – help us make it happen once play resumes.
- Click here for general info on Region 13’s Core soccer program – usually played in Fall, but postponed until play resumes (Spring? Fall 2021?).
- Click here to get more info on all of Region 13’s soccer programs.
In the meantime, thank you for your continued support. Please stay safe, and wear a mask when you go out. We hope to see our kids back out the field as soon as it is safe to be out there.
OTHER THINGS TO DO DURING QUARANTINE
- Click here for home activities from AYSO National.
- Click here for lots of skills and training ideas.
- Five Star Skills founder and former Region 13 player Coach Garen Arabyan offers a live (via Zoom) training program, including ball-control exercises and body-weight fitness and agility drills. All you need is a soccer ball and a one-meter radius area! Click fivestarskills.com or call (818) 270-4653.
- Athlete Central has partnered with Live Athletics Physical to offer AYSO members one free Physical Therapy consultation. If you’re looking to address ailments or gain/regain strength, click www.liveathleticspt.com, call 626-460-3119, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read soccer books. For players, click here. For coaches, there’s Soccer IQ, the sequel, and Possession.
(last updated Sunday 04/03/21 @ 3pm)