CHECK HERE FOR NEW COVID-19 INFO
There will be soccer at some point – we just don’t know when, and we don’t know what it will look like yet. Nothing is more important than the safety of our players, volunteers, and families, and as soon as it is safe to get the kids back out on the field, Region 13 will be ready. In the meantime, thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times, and while we continue to navigate through uncertainty, here is what we know at this time:
FALL 2020 POSTPONED
- Region 13’s Fall 2020 season is postponed. With LA County allowing only limited group activity and Pasadena not yet allowing youth sports, with PUSD/LCUSD conducting school online, and with no field permits, it is both unsafe and impractical for us to plan a return to play as of Aug. 7, and possibly through the remainder of the Fall.
- We might be allowed to play later in the Fall, or in early 2021. If that is the case, practices might start in Winter, and maybe games in the Spring. As we await word, the Region 13 board is preparing for all return-to-play scenarios.
- There will be no further EXTRA tryouts and no new EXTRA teams formed for the 2020-2021 soccer year. Information about the 2021-2022 EXTRA program will be announced in February.
- This information applies to all age groups at this time, including 4U through 19U.
- All fields in Pasadena remain closed until further notice, and all Region 13 activities remain on hold until further notice, including games, practices, tryouts, and meetings.
REGISTRATION REMAINS OPEN
- Registration for the Core season (aka the season formerly known as Fall) remains open, with all players going to wait list – no payment is due at this time. Please click here to register to our wait list if you think your child will want to play at all, because we still plan to use this list when we are able to resume play.
- Please consider volunteering – click here to sign up. We will contact you later to submit the official volunteer application – for now, just let us know you’re interested. The number of kids we bring in from the wait lists will depend on the number of teams we can form, which in turn relies on the volunteers that sign up.
- Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Click here to register your player – grab a spot on the wait list and defer payment until play resumes.
- Click here to sign up as a volunteer – help us make it happen once play resumes.
- Click here for general info on Region 13’s Core soccer program – usually played in Fall, but postponed this year until play resumes.
- Click here to get more info on all of Region 13’s soccer programs.
In the meantime, thank you for your continued support. Please stay safe, and wear a mask when you go out. We hope to see our kids back out the field as soon as it is safe to be out there.
OTHER THINGS TO DO
- Five Star Skills founder and former Region 13 player Coach Garen Arabyan offers a live (via Zoom) training program, including ball-control exercises and body-weight fitness and agility drills. All you need is a soccer ball and a one-meter radius area! Click fivestarskills.com or call (818) 270-4653.
- Athlete Central has partnered with Live Athletics Physical to offer AYSO members one free Physical Therapy consultation. If you’re looking to address ailments or gain/regain strength, click www.liveathleticspt.com, call 626-460-3119, or e-mail email@example.com.
- Catch up on Athlete Central / LA Surf’s training videos, with these recorded workouts on YouTube.
- Click here for home activities from AYSO National. Read soccer books. For players, click here. For coaches, there’s Soccer IQ, the sequel, and Possession.
- Coach Andy’s Assist Athletics has sock dodgeball, a footwork challenge, and a game that looks suspiciously like core strength training.
- The LA84 Foundation has 15 minutes of videos on how to run faster, exercises proven to reduce ACL injuries, and a manual for soccer coaches.
(last updated FRI 08/07/20 @ 7am)