- 2014 Region 13 Playoffs: Weekend One (November 22-23) (fixed links) The schedule for this weekend’s regional playoff games in U10, U12 and U14 is available in matrix form and in bracket form. Notable features:
- All games are full length. If the game ends in a tie, proceed immediately to kicks from the penalty mark to determine the winner.
- Lower Victory Park has been reconfigured to hold three U10 fields. These run east-west and are numbered (V3, V4, V5) from west to east. These fields are marked with red lines.
- BU10 and GU10 are divided into three flights (A, B, C) with the A flight eligible for Area playoffs. BU12 and GU12 are likewise divided into two flights (A, B).
- In BU10 flight B, all flights of GU10, and GU14, winners of morning first-round games play again in the afternoon, usually but not always on the same field.
- Because of limited field space, the BU14 quarterfinal games must be played on Sunday. This means that the winners of the four first-round games on Saturday play again on Sunday, and the top four BU14 teams (Haynes, Landesman, Schaupp and Wynn) do not play on Saturday.
– Bill Owen, region 13 scheduler and statistician
- Sideline Etiquette
AYSO strives to create a healthy environment for our children and our community. One of the ways we do this is by maintaining a high standard of conduct at our games:
- Negative comments and complaints about officiating are prohibited.
- In Region 13, the home team always occupies the north or west sideline. This rule applies regardless of sun, shade or other conditions.
- Spectators must sit on their team’s sideline.
- No spectators are allowed behind the goal line.
- Coaches must remain in “the technical area” (on the sideline, within 10 yards of the halfway line). Whether or not the technical area is painted, coaches must go no further from the halfway line than the edge of the center circle.
- Exceptions: U6, U7, and U8 coaches are allowed along the entire sideline.
- Only coaches may “coach” (i.e., instruct and direct the players). Others on the sideline should cheer and encourage, but never coach.
- Coach participation in matches is limited to comments that are positive, instructional, or encouraging.
- A coach should not speak to opposing players, except perhaps to compliment them on their play.
- Coaches and spectators are not entitled to question the referee’s calls or ask for explanations during a match.
- Coaches are not permitted on the field unless specifically invited by the referee (e.g., even if there is an injury, the coach must be invited by the referee before entering the field).
- U7 Coaches are permitted on the field for September games.
- U6 Coaches are permitted on the field throughout the season.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are prohibited at AYSO games and practices, and in the immediate vicinity of AYSO fields.
- AYSO games (and practices) require a certified, currently registered AYSO coach.
- AYSO scheduled games require a certified, currently registered AYSO referee. If there is no referee, there can be no game, but the teams may still scrimmage.
Region 13 has adopted a NO Pets Policy at all AYSO events held in the Region. We ask all parents, guests and spectators to please leave your pets at home when you attend any AYSO event including practices, games, picture day, opening ceremonies, Tournaments, etc. This Policy is endorsed at the National level, is endorsed at the Section level, is endorsed at the Area level, is consistent with neighboring Regions and is in keeping with our Insurance Policy which does not cover animal bites or related injuries. Service animals are generally exempt from this Policy. We appreciate your cooperation.
Coach – someone in charge of training an athlete or a team
Each year over 500 parents and volunteers step forward to coach either as a head coach or assistant coach. Region 13 and AYSO provide these outstanding individuals with the training they need to be effective coaches. The training is always age appropriate. Ask any coach just how rewarding the experience is. No experience necessary. Won’t you volunteer to coach?
Coaches are encouraged to check this page regularly throughout the season for important updates, news and other information. Bookmarking the page in your web browser is not a bad idea, either.
- Coaching Staff 2013 Summer Coach Training Schedule--> U5 Program-->
- All-Star/Tournament Coach Application (online)
- Coach Training Requirements and Courses Referee Team Information Form-->
- List of Head Coaches
- Game Schedules Practice Field Information & Request Form-->
- AYSO Aeas 1/C
- AYSO National