- Arcadia Road Show — Coach, Referee and Management Training Courses — January 3-5, 2014 Training courses will be offered at the Section 1 Road Show in Arcadia on January 3-5.
Attention Coaches and Referees who need training to participate in All Stars and Grad Series: this will be the most convenient opportunity.
There is a fee associated with these courses, but Region 13 will reimburse its volunteers who attend. Send proof of certification received and a receipt for the fee paid to: AYSO Region 13 Treasurer, 711 W. Woodbury Rd Unit E, Altadena, CA 91001. Be sure to include the name and address to which to mail the refund.
You should pre-register for your class (the classes fill up, if you “just show up” on the day of your class it may not have room for you). To do so:
- Log in to your account at eAYSO.org
- Pull down under “My eAYSO” and select “Course Signup”
- Enter the “Roster #” of the course (you will find it on one of the flyers attached to this message) and click “Search”
- Select the course and click “Course signup”
If you have any questions about Coach courses, direct them to: email@example.com
If you have any questions about Referee courses, direct them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arcadia_2014_Coach_Flyer_v0 Arcadia_2014_Management_Flyer_v0 Arcadia 2014 Referee Flyer
- Playoff Information after games of December 7 Playoffs began Saturday, 12/7. The Playoff Schedule has been posted. Remember that the scheduler tries to eliminate conflicts for those who Head Coach more than 1 team (this is why the schedule takes so long to develop, and is only developed for the coming weekend).
Semifinals and finals for U14 and flight A of U12 and U10 are December 8:
BU10 flight A (semis 9:30, finals 1:00) — Douglas/Hammer on Victory Park 3, Boecherer/Jeffries on Victory Park 4
GU10 flight A (semis 11:00, finals 2:30) — McConnell/Hobey on Victory Park 3, Yan/G. Weiss on Victory Park 4
BU12 flight A (semis 9:30, finals 1:00) — Engstrom/Walker on Muir NW, Kreinberg/Piesik on Muir N-McKinley
GU12 flight A (semis 11:00, finals 2:30) — Rodriguez/Cook on Muir NW, Langley/Rubbo on Muir N-McKinley
BU14 (semis 11:00, finals 2:30) — Landesman/Atamian on Muir Central, Marshall/Yatsko on Muir NE
GU14 (semis 9:30, finals 1:00) — Becker/Fanelli on Muir Central, Lanfersieck/Ignatian on Muir NE.
In all cases the winner of the first game is the home team for the championship (on the first field listed), and the loser of the second game is the home team for the 3rd/4th place game (on the secondfield listed).
The schedule for flights B and C will be released later. Here are the semifinalists:
BU10 flight B: Balian/Brookbanks and Bettencourt/Golwala
BU10 flight C: Norton/Walker and Trejo/MacLeod
GU10 flight B: Tipton/McCoy and Quispe/Weinberger
GU10 flight C: W. Weiss/Crabb and Sindici/Hixon
BU12 flight B: Ignatian/Pereira and Boecherer/Laster
GU12 flight B: Gardina/Gomez and Bigelow/Thomasian
- All U10, U12, and U14 teams go to the playoffs
Playoff Referee Assignments:
- Playoffs are single elimination
- BU14 & GU14 Playoffs are one bracket with all games completed on Saturday 12/7 & Sunday 12/8
- BU12 & GU12 Playoffs each have two (2) brackets with “A” Bracket Playoffs completed on 12/7 & 12/8 and “B” Bracket Playoffs continuing to Saturday 12/14 & possibly Sunday 12/15
- BU12 “A” Bracket is top 6 teams in each pool
- BU12 “B” Bracket is the remaining teams
- GU12 “A” Bracket is top 5 teams in each pool
- GU12 “B” Bracket is the remaining teams
- BU10 & GU10 Playoffs each have three (3) brackets with “A” Bracket Playoffs completed on 12/7 & 12/8 and “B” & “C” Bracket Playoffs continuing to Saturday 12/14 & possibly Sunday 12/15
- BU10 “A” Bracket is top 4 teams in each pool
- BU10 “B” Bracket is 5th, 6th, and 7th place teams in each pool
- BU10 “C” Bracket is the remaining teams
- GU10 “A” Bracket is top 4 teams in each pool
- GU10 “B” Bracket is 5th, 6th, and 7th place teams in each pool
- GU10 “C” Bracket is the remaining teams
- There will be trophies for the Bracket Champions in each bracket & Bracket Finalist (runner-up) in some brackets
- U14 Referees
- Follow the same assignment procedure as in the fall (i.e., send 1 AR to the game preceding yours, unless you have the first game of the day in which case your assignment is the last game on that field)
- U12 Referees
- Follow the same assignment procedure as in the fall (i.e., home team sen ds 2 referees and visitor sends 1 referee to the game preceding yours, unless you have the first game of the day in which case your assignment is the last game on that field)
Generally: referees should not officiate their own children’s Playoff games unless there are no other referees available. As during the fall, referees must be currently registered volunteers, and hold at least a Regional Refe ree certification and have Concussion Awareness certification.
- U10 Referees
- Follow the U12 assignment procedure (i.e., home team sends 2 referees and visitor sends 1 referee to the game preceding yours, unless you have the first game of the day in which case your assignment is the last game on that field). Note that the U10 Referee Assignment procedure is different than it was in the fall: in the Playoffs, referees are NOT assigned to referee their own team’s games.
IMPORTANT: Some teams will have a playoff game in the morning and advance to another game in the afternoon. IF your team plays 2 games on the same day, it has 2 Referee Assignments on the same day.
NOTE: Especially in Finals, the Region will make an effort to assign experienced referees to the games; team referees should still go to their assignments (ready to officiate at least 20 minutes before game time), just please be accommodating and “stand down” if a Region assigned referee is at the game.Playoff Tie-Breaking Procedures:
All playoff games must have a winner. If a game is tied after full time, use the following Tie-Breaking procedures:< /div>
- Finals and 3rd-Place Games ONLY
- Play two (2) full 5-minute extra time periods, in their entirety; if the game is still tied, proceed to Kicks from the Penalty Mark (KFTPM)
- All other games
- Proceed directly to Kicks from the Penalty Mark (KFTPM)
The KFTPM procedure is available at the following link: http://ayso13.org/wp-content/ uploads/filebase/referee/KFPM. pdf
It is also available on our website: from our home page, click on “REFEREE”, then scroll to the bottom of the Referee page and click on “Region 13 Kicks from the Penalty Mark Guidance”
- Sideline Etiquette
AYSO strives to create a healthy environment for our children and our community. One of the ways we do this is by maintaining a high standard of conduct at our games:
- Negative comments and complaints about officiating are prohibited.
- In Region 13, the home team always occupies the north or west sideline. This rule applies regardless of sun, shade or other conditions.
- Spectators must sit on their team’s sideline.
- No spectators are allowed behind the goal line.
- Coaches must remain in “the technical area” (on the sideline, within 10 yards of the halfway line). Since the technical area is not painted on Region 13 fields, coaches must go no further from the halfway line than the edge of the center circle.
- Exceptions: U6, U7, and U8 coaches are allowed along the entire sideline.
- Only coaches may “coach” (i.e., instruct and direct the players). Others on the sideline should cheer and encourage, but should never coach.
- Coach participation in matches is limited to comments that are positive, instructional, or encouraging.
- A coach should never speak to opposing players except to compliment them on their play.
- Coaches are not entitled to question the referee’s calls or ask for explanations during a match.
- Coaches are not permitted on the field unless specifically invited by the referee (e.g., even if there is an injury, the coach must be invited by the referee before entering the field).
- U7 Coaches are permitted on the field for September games.
- U6 Coaches are permitted on the field throughout the season.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are prohibited at AYSO games and practices, and in the immediate vicinity of AYSO fields.
- AYSO games (and practices) require a certified, currently registered AYSO coach.
- AYSO scheduled games require a certified, currently registered AYSO referee. If there is no referee, there can be no game, but the teams may still scrimmage.
Region 13 has adopted a NO Pets Policy at all AYSO events held in the Region. We ask all parents, guests and spectators to please leave your pets at home when you attend any AYSO event including practices, games, picture day, opening ceremonies, Tournaments, etc. This Policy is endorsed at the National level, is endorsed at the Section level, is endorsed at the Area level, is consistent with neighboring Regions and is in keeping with our Insurance Policy which does not cover animal bites or related injuries. Service animals are generally exempt from this Policy. We appreciate your cooperation.
Coach – someone in charge of training an athlete or a team
Each year over 500 parents and volunteers step forward to coach either as a head coach or assistant coach. Region 13 and AYSO provide these outstanding individuals with the training they need to be effective coaches. The training is always age appropriate. Ask any coach just how rewarding the experience is. No experience necessary. Won’t you volunteer to coach?
Coaches are encouraged to check this page regularly throughout the season for important updates, news and other information. Bookmarking the page in your web browser is not a bad idea, either.
- Coaching Staff
- 2013 Summer Coach Training Schedule
- Requirements to Coach in Region 13
- Coach Application
- U5 Program
- Region 13 Modifications for U6, U7 & U8
- Region 13 Guidance and Interpretations for U10
- Region 13 Kicks from the Penalty Mark Guidance
- Trophy Form
- All-Star/Tournament Coach Application
- Coach Training Requirements and Courses
- Referee Team Information Form
- List of Head Coaches
- Game Schedules
- Practice Field Information & Request Form
- AYSO Aeas 1/C
- AYSO National
- 2012 Ratings Memo
- 2012 U10 Ratings Form
- 2012 U12 Ratings Form
- 2012 U14 Ratings Form
- 2012 U16 Ratings Form
- 2012 U19 Ratings Form